Shriram Critical Illness Cover Rider
A Non-Linked Non-Participating Rider
Nobody likes to think about the possibility of suffering a serious illness or injury in the future. You can’t foresee this happening, but you can make plans to help support yourself should the unexpected happen. Critical Illness Cover can help you make adjustments to your lifestyle that you may need to make after being diagnosed with a serious illness.
This Rider can be chosen by the policyholder along with the base plan for a nominal premium*, either at inception of the policy or at policy anniversary, provided that it meets the eligibility conditions.
*Subject to the condition that the premium under the Critical Illness rider shall not exceed 100% of the base plan premium.
PREMIUM PAYMENT TYPE
PREMIUM PAYMENT TERM
RP: Same as Policy Term
LP: 5 to 51 years
PREMIUM PAYMENT MODE
BENEFITS UNDER THE RIDER*
The rider pays 100% of the Critical Illness rider sum assured in the event of the life assured being first diagnosed with any of the covered critical illnesses any time after 90 days from the date of commencement/revival and life assured survived for at least 30 days from the date of first diagnosis.
The diseases covered under this rider:
- Cancer of specified severity,
- Myocardial infarction (first heart attack of specified severity),
- Open Chest CABG,
- Stroke Resulting In Permanent Symptoms,
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis and
- Major Organ /Bone Marrow Transplant.
* Benefits under the rider are payable only if the base plan is in force. The rider benefit will cease immediately if the base plan is terminated or discontinued. The rider benefit will also cease when a claim is paid. Rates are reviewable on the fifth anniversary of the original policy’s commencement and every anniversary thereafter. These changes are subject to IRDAI approval only.
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.