Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI
Shriram Life Group Term Life Insurance in lieu of EDLI (UIN: 128N040V02) provides additional life insurance benefit to all employees irrespective of their PF balances, salary level and service. In particular, premiums may be lower than the contributions made by the employer towards EDLI when the employee’s salary is high and the group is young. A single Master Policy Issued to the employer provides Life Insurance Benefit for all employees.
Insurance coverage under EDLI from EPFO is linked to an employee’s Average Provident Fund balance & total service prior to death.
Employer has to contribute @ 0.51% of the salary towards EDLI coverage.
- Sum assured will be paid to the nominee in the event of unfortunate death of the member
- Premium paid by the employer is not treated as a perquisite to the employee
- Claim payments are tax free
Benefits to the Employer
- Premium paid by the employer can be treated as a business expense
- Easy to set up and administer
- Able to offer Higher insurance cover than that offered by EDLI irrespective of employees’ salary and service
Rs. 3.62 Lakhs
Rs. 15 Lakhs
minimum group size
- 20 Members
Premium payment mode
RIDERS (Add Ons)
Accident Benefit Rider
Provides assistance to Life Assured, in the event of permanent / total disability due to an accident.
For more details on the risk factors, terms and conditions please read the sales brochure and/or sample policy document on our website carefully and/ or consult our advisor.
Tax benefits are subject to change as per tax laws. Please consult your tax consultant on tax benefits.
Read the policy document here